Best Brain Boosting Exercises For Women Over 40
Physical activity can improve our cognitive health—helping us think, learn, problem-solve, and enjoy an emotional balance. It can improve memory and reduce anxiety or depression. But you don’t have to be a fitness guru to reap the benefits. Any amount of physical activity can help. No matter your age or fitness level, physical activity can help improve sleep, brain health, and quality of life.
Here are a few thoughts on this from the CDC website:
• “Regular physical activity is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Not only is it good for your muscles and bones, it can keep your brain healthy, too.
• Regular physical activity can also reduce our risk of cognitive decline, including dementia. One study found that cognitive decline is almost twice as common among adults who are inactive compared to those who are active.
• Most adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity weekly. This can be broken into 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. In addition to improving brain health, following these recommendations for physical activity can help you sleep and feel better, lose weight, reduce your risk of 20 chronic health conditions including heart disease and some cancers, and add years to your life.”
Any activity is better than no activity at all but to get the max benefit for our brain health it’s recommended we should do at least 30-minute sessions.
I have found there are 3 specific kinds of workouts great for brain health:
1. Cardio (increase oxygen) You will love this Cardio & Strength 46-Minute Workout filmed in Florida!
2. Cross Body (uses both sides brain) – Cross-body movements engage both hemispheres of the brain and one of the easiest ways to engage both hemispheres of the brain is to cross the midline in our bodies. Picture an imaginary line that runs from our nose to the floor. While standing up, touch your right hand to left foot. You just crossed your midline. Here is a fun Crossbody 27-Minute Workout filmed in Portugal with a stunning ocean view!
3. PAZAZ (best because cardio, cross-body and dance combined for the ultimate brain-boosting movements!) This PAZAZ (dance/cardio) workout is for ALL fitness levels!
I hope this inspires you to focus more consistently on boosting your brain health so you can improve your mood, emotional and mental well-being while decreasing your risk of dementia and Alzheimers.
Our website offers over 500 workouts you can do right from the comfort of your home! Check out all we have to offer at FaithfulWorkouts.com
The post Best Brain Boosting Exercises For Women Over 40 appeared first on Faithful Workouts.